Have you ever done a Detox or have been interested in doing one?
Spring is an ideal time of year for it, in my opinion because:
- It is a transitional season and many of us feel the energy of change, hence “spring cleaning”. It is a desire to get rid of things that are cluttering up your home, and bring new things in. This can translate to “getting rid of the old and bringing in the new” in your body.
- It is a warmer season, which can make it easier to eat less and lighter foods while detoxing.
A detox can be done in many ways. There are endless ways to detox and it doesn’t have to be difficult. I personally find it totally worth it. Detoxing can be a physical, mental and emotional experience. The amount of time that you detox, the food you eat, and other external things you do can be catered to your lifestyle. Each person is different, and therefore your detoxing experience will be different too.
Why would you want to do a detox you might be asking? (here are just a few reasons)
- Creates a “clean slate” for any new dietary lifestyle changes you want to make. It can really help you get an accurate idea of what you body feels good eating. As you introduce different foods into your diet when the detox is over, you will be able to tell more clearly what feels good and what doesn’t. Basically Intuitive eating!
- Can help to move feelings of sluggishness out of your body.
- It is a yearly “tune up”!
My Mom is teaching a detox workshop this Friday. She is a Wholistic Nurse Practitioner with a wealth of knowledge about health and well being of the body and mind. She teaches this yearly in the spring and it incorporates diet, yoga to assist in detox, mental detox and endless options to modify to your lifestyle.
This class will be held at Yoga Anand Ashram, which is on the 2nd floor of the building where my office is. If you are interested, please feel welcome to come. You can just show up!
Spring Detox Class:
42 Merrick Road
Amityville, NY 11701